Sunday, December 1, 2013

Research

This past week was Thanksgiving, holding up the results from the preliminary application.  In turn giving me time to pray up, study up, weigh out our options, and like always hear and take some godly counsel from my amazing hubby.  

Here are some inspiring verses I have been touched by these past couple days; 

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 

Hosea 14:3b (NCV) -  You show mercy to orphans.

Psalm 68:6a - God gives the lonely a home.

Matthew 25:35 - 36, 40 (NASB) - For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you vistied Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.  40 The King will answer and say to them, "Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me."

I have decided to check out 3 different adoption agencies to see which one would be a better fit for us.

1.  Bethany.org
2.  CCAIfamily.org
3.  AllGodsChildren.org

There are two different types of adoption out there.

1.  Special needs - Children in China are often abandoned because of special needs.  Because of the one child policy, a Chinese family wants their children to be a healthy male.  One reason for this is because when a Chinese couple gets married they live with the mans family.  In turn the new husband and wife take care of the the males family in their old age.  As one blogger wrote, kinda like social security.  If their child is born and is possibly not capable of taking care of the family some people decide to abandon their child.

In China, children can be classified "special needs" for many reasons.  Where one child may have downs syndrome, another may simply have a birth mark.  

When adopting a special needs child, the wait time to receive a child from the Chinese government is significantly shorter.  You can adopt a child and have him/her in a year or so.

2.  Unidentified needs - This is a child who is healthy with no known defects, disease, etc.  Children from this category take about 5-6 years to be placed with a family because the CCAA is so backlogged.  This is a long time to wait for your child!  From what I read they do not expect for them to ever "catch up".  

Each adoption agency has different fees.  

1.  Bethany: Will be around $40,000.00
2.  CCAI: Will be around $31,000.00
3.  AGC: Will be around $32,500.00 

Each adoption agency, depending on travel and changing fees, the prices are always subject to change.  The amounts listed above are rough estimates.  

So that leaves me with figuring out how to fund something so pricey, yet so worth it.  Here are some options I have found that could be of assistance.

1.  Financial Aid
2.  Grants
3.  Loans
4.  Fundraising  (host our own 5k)
5.  Working our butts off!  lol

Job 5:8-9 - As for me, I would seek God, and to God would I commit my cause, who does great things and unsearchable, marvelous things without number:

Abba, 

I come to you seeking for your direction and guidance.  Lord I desire to adopt an orphan from China and I'm asking for your blessing.  Lord if this is something that would be good for my marriage, my family, this unknown child, my ministry, and my relationship with You Father I ask that you show me and Jordan and provide a way, make it clear to us Lord and let us hear your voice.  

In Jesus sweet precious name I pray and ask these things,

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment