Thursday, December 26, 2013

Baby Steps

Today I received a simple email that said; "Origami Owl deposited money into your account."  Where this may not seem significant, it is very exciting for me. You see that money was my very first commission check!  A baby step in the direction to my daughter.  


On another note, yesterday was Christmas.  We celebrate Christmas day with my Mother in Law (Monica), and the rest of Jordan's family and their children. When opening gifts we start with the youngest child and work our way up to the oldest.  So all eyes are on you when opening gifts.  When it got to my turn I had this beautiful red box to open.  

Now before I go any further, I need to give you a small back story.  My husbands family knows that we are adopting a child from China except for his Sister and her family.  Okay moving on...

So I open my gift to see that my Brother and Sister-in-law got me this:

I was so over the moon happy to receive this gift for many reasons, but one reason was it was a perfect conversation starter to tell my other in laws about the adoption.  The entire family was so over joyed and supportive.  Everyone asked lots of questions and I so very much loved educating them.  One of our family members before leaving for the evening handed me some money and said here this is for my niece.  I have wonderful family members on both sides, so supportive, caring, and loving.  Mei Mei will be deeply loved.

One last thing before I wrap this up, I just want to clear up a bit of confusion.  I've had a lot of people think that we will be naming our daughter Mei Mei, but this is not true.  Mei Mei is a popular nickname in China which translates to "Little sister" or "Little girl".  This is what we will call her now until we see her and can choose a name.  

Thank you to all who have already been supportive of this journey, and for those of you who are supporting my journey with Origami Owl for a greater purpose.  xoxo

Final thoughts for the night: Was listening to the song Mighty to Save tonight, and although the song is about salvation from our sins some of the words struck me in a different way.  The lyrics read:

Savior He can move the mountains, my God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save.

So my prayer tonight is; Lord move mountains to save my Mei Mei.  Prepare her heart for your unconditional love and the love from her future forever family.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in total awe of your devotion to this little girl that you haven't meet yet. This newest member of your family will be a perfect addition and is already loved so much. I have been talking to Mike about adoption, he still can't be swayed into it. I know that my heart has so much love to share and I'm not finished raising children. Our Heavenly Father's plan will work out for us, we just have to be patient.

    ReplyDelete