Thursday, December 5, 2013

A door closes

From the beginning of this journey we have put God in the front and as our Cornerstone.  We want this to be what he want's for our lives, our families lives, and for our Mei Mei's life.  We fully trust that God knows the plans He has for us and in His timing will open doors for us to walk through.

Two nights ago I received a message from the agency we decided to go through letting us know that at this time we do not meet one of the qualifications.  

Now this does not mean in any way, shape, or form, that we are done or have given up.  My feeling is that this minor set back is only giving us time for our Mei Mei to be ready for us.  So until then, we work and wait, and pray that God equips us with what we need at exactly the right time He see's fit for us.

I have to admit that I was very sad when I read that email.  It was right before bed so I prayed and put everything into God's fully capable hands, and went to sleep with a broken trusting heart.  When I awoke I was at complete peace with our circumstances because I know God has a plan.

Here we are two days later and I received another email from our agency saying pretty much the same thing, but gave us a worksheet to fill out to see exactly where we need to be.  So we will be filling that out to find out exactly how far we still need to go.  

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord.  "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment