Tuesday, January 6, 2015

We Got Our Referral!!!!!

So the title of this blog is correct.  Yesterday at 3:17 p.m. we received an email with our referral.  (Referral = A child's file to review)

But I MUST give you back story so you can see how God's Mighty hand worked through all of this.  

I have always been one to struggle when I read.  I am an excellent reader however not the best at comprehending and I get lost in the text. I have to return to the beginning and re-read the same text about 5 times.  It gets exhausting so reading becomes daunting and I avoid it.  This includes the Bible.  I try devotions, verses of the day, and reading plans and I do okay with that, but it's not enough to sustain me spiritually and I know this.  

Well I found this awesome devotion book by Beth Moore called "Whispers of Hope".  It is a devotion book and at the end of the devotional it gives you specific things to journal as a prayer to God.  I was faithfully reading and journaling my very specific prayers.  Two things I was praying about specifically was that in God's perfect timing that he would reveal Mei Mei to us, and also since He says to present our requests to Him and be specific, that if it was okay with Him that He would allow us to bring her home before the end of the current school year.  (Isaac REALLY has his heart set on introducing his class of two years to his baby sister and I really wanted him to be able to do this.)

During this time I received multiple messages from God.  I had a dear friend of mine Robyn tell me she had a dream that God was moving his hands working on shuffling things around to get Mei Mei to us.  Then I started seeing all this exciting movement in my Adoption support group and through emails from my agency that files were coming in large quantities which is not normal at all.  I had no idea where I stood in line and so I messaged my Family Coordinator.  She told me that my original wait time went from a year down to six months from my LID.  (9/4/14)  I was sooo excited I couldn't stand it!

Then the holidays approached and life became busy and I foolishly stopped doing my daily reading/journals.  Everything went quiet.  I had become convicted about abandoning my time alone with God and had decided to start back up. Then on Sunday Jordan gave a message at church that re-lit the fire beneath me.  

First day back to work after vacation (this was yesterday) I planned to wake up at 5 a.m. and spend my alone time with God before the hustle and bustle of the day began.  5 a.m. came very early but I still dragged my butt out of bed and put pen to paper and journaled out my prayers to my God.

Later in the day I was talking to my boss Marianne on the phone about work related stuff and towards the end of the call she asked me how the adoption was going.  I told her good but that China was shut down for a week and today was their first day back.  I said I probably wouldn't get a call today but maybe next week or the following.  She asked me what my specific prayers were and so I told her; Gods perfect timing, and before the end of the school year.  She informed me that she would pray right when she got off the phone for those specifics.  We hung up and about a minute later I got a text from her that her daughter wanted me to know that she was also praying that we would get Mei Mei before the end of the school year.  

I left the room and was fiddling around with some stuff in the classroom next to my office when I heard a buzzing noise.  I had heard my phone vibrating from my office, that was crazy in itself that I could hear that!  So I ran in and saw it was a call from VA.  The only people I know who would call me from VA was my agency.

Me: Hello.  
Kelcey: Hi Dusty.  It's Kelcey from AWAA.  How are you today?
Me: Really good if your calling me for the reason I think your calling me for!!!
Kelcey: I am!

She proceeded to tell me about this little girl they had waiting for a family to adopt her and asked if I would want to review her file.  Of course I said YES!!!!!

At 3:17 p.m. yesterday we received her file via email.  I called Jordan and we decided that I should come home so we could review the file together.  But I can tell you that even before I opened the email that I knew she would be our baby girl because Gods fingerprints were ALL over everything.  

I got home and we reviewed the file as a family, us and the boys.  Everyone is SO excited!  We sent her file to the International doctor and she gave us the thumbs up and so did our social worker.  So last night I stayed up and wrote up the official acceptance letter and sent it over to Kelcey and told her YES we would like to adopt her!!!!!!

I can tell you that legally I am not allowed to share her picture or any details about her online until we get our RA (Referral Acceptance from China).  Sorry I know you were probably on the edge of your seat wanting these details.  

I will post more in the coming months but it looks like we are looking to possibly travel in the Spring.  That's not guaranteed but its the estimate.

So thank you to all my friends and family who continue to lift us in your prayers we ask that you don't stop!  She will be here before we know it!  Eeek!!!!

Pray for specifics:  That she is watched over well and is safe and healthy.  That the paperwork from here on out goes smooth and the Referral is accepted by China.  That the remaining funds can be raised in order to travel.  Thank you!!!!!


Praise The Lord! Praise God in His Sanctuary; praise Him in His mighty Heavens! Praise Him for His mighty deeds; praise Him according to His excellent greatness!! Psalm 150:1-6 ESV
Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness! Psalm 115:1 ESV

1 comment: