Tuesday, January 20, 2015

In Waiting

Immigration forms have been submitted.... check!

Agency paperwork filled out.... check!

Visa applications filled out.... check!

Now we wait............................................................................

Waiting on Isaac's passport for his visa, waiting on our I800 approval, waiting on letters to come via snail mail, but above all waiting to see our daughters face in the flesh.  Waiting to hug and kiss her.  Waiting to tell her that we love her.  Waiting to see her smile, or cry, or get angry, or any other emotion she may produce.  Waiting to hold her sweet little hand.  Waiting to hear her voice.  Waiting to hold her and tell her how much God loves her and so do we.

Waiting is hard, very hard.   You think the wait before you get your referral is hard, and it is, but in all actuality the wait after you see your child's face and know who they are, and where they are and you are trapped many miles and many approvals away from being with them.... that exceeds the emotions you felt before.

The range of emotions you feel are far and wide, but if I had to sum up all the emotions into one word I would have to say longing.

I completely surrender my longings to Christ and ask Him to give me peace during this waiting time.

Isaiah 40:31 - but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Lamentations 3:25 - The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him.

Psalms 130:5-6 - "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning."

Micah 7:7 - But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.




No comments:

Post a Comment