Monday, April 14, 2014

So close I can see a little light

We have been working for quite some time now on pulling together our Dossier.  We have worked diligently on getting everything we need as quickly as possible so we can move onto the next step and get our baby girl here quicker.

A couple things we are waiting on:


  • Two reference letters
  • Jordan's Employment Verification letter written by a CPA
  • List of our Month Bills / Financial statement
  • Police Clearances 
  • Our physicals
  • And our picture pages
  • Jordan's Passport
  • Home Study to be completed
  • File our I-800 and then complete that process (fingerprinting)

Looking at the list it seems like a lot but when I see that list I see the end drawing near and it excites me!  

I know one of the reference letters is already completed we are just waiting for it to be notarized. We actually found a CPA and will be talking to him on Monday and he has already agreed to write the letter for us. Jordan can just take an hour and compile all our finance stuff with no problem. The doctor did ALL of our Physicals today even when he wasn't originally going to.  Picture pages are a snap to put together.  Once our physicals and Jordan's passport comes in we can send them over to our Social worker and have our final meeting with her to close the study.  Once we close our study we can file our I-800 papers.  

I'm so stinking excited!  What started out as a dream, and casually talked about through the years is finally coming to fruition and I will have my baby girl with me.  

When I write this I know it will sound like we will bring her home soon, however this is just the end of the first BIG step.  We will still have a lot of wait time on the government and other agencies.  The referral process can take a long time too.  

Nevertheless it is still very exciting to be able to put a check mark next to this step in the process.  



No comments:

Post a Comment